Skip to main content

Perú again


Hey howdy hey!

So we had another baptism this Saturday! Yaquibel Santos Villanueva! (Her middle name is too hard to remember....) She gave the most wonderful testimony yesterday, but everyone was talking about my companion and I because she said " And I am so grateful for the two elders that baptized me, Elder Carrasco, and Elder Ball, who I don't know where they are, but thanks!" It like put us on the spot, and everyone started talking! It was just funny!

I hear so much music in this area! I am getting fluent with my reggaeton, Baladas and criolla, and of course Huayno!
Reggaetonis like rap, then baladas, Ballads, and then Huayno is just shouting peruvian with the same 4 instruments... I don't recommend it one bit! But EVERYONE listens to it, if they like it or not! It plays in the bus, the mototaxi, and sometimes just in the middle of nowhere a house starts playing it as loud as they can!  But I also hear a lot of English hits! I hear a little Taylor Swift, ABBA, Aerosmith, Bonnie Tyler, Bruno Mars! Ha! They have some of the songs memorized in English, they just have no clue what they are saying!

Some Elders from the ward were changed, Elders Mcwhorter, Martinez, and Ramos... We now have Cloward, Lunt and Asturizaga! Asturizaga is brand new from Bolivia! 

We keep finding new people, and still have to take a bus from one investigator to the other! We haven't been using as much water, since we are going to go poor if we use too much! 

We are going to the temple this week! I will be sure to take pictures! And I am going to buy the mini spanish Quad so I don't have to haul around the bible anymore! That bible kills me! I take it out some days, and just hope we don't have to use it!

We are working with a family, who we are still working on their testimony, and they will be all set to go! It is pure girls, and gets crazy! But we are working with Tania, Sophia, Alexandra, Elise, and Daniella! 16, 12, 12, 50, and 9! They are super fun, and their mom is a member! So that helps a lot, and we are doing well with them so far! They also have a lot of References for us, so Bonus!!

Anyway! Everything all good here! I had cheesecake the other day! Strawberry ice-cream last night! I am eating well, still just loosing a lot of weight! That is another fantastic thing! 


Thank you! Hasta Luego!






























Elder Ball is not a fan of the pig smell.  He told me that going to the State Fair won't be 
a problem from now on comparitivly... haha!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...