Skip to main content

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized! 

Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great!

Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peruvian place, and they do not know how to make Mexican food. It was mega sad! But our P day was half day because we went to the temple the week before!

We are trying to do a million Divisions! We want to divide and conquer, but never ended up doing even 1 this week! We only found 1 companion every night! So we couldn't divide! We were still able to find a lot of new people, and lots of people committed to go to church! But we didn't find success in church attendance.... Next week! haha! 

We did a Noche de Hogar (Family home Evening) yesterday! When I get back I will have to explain all of the fun games we play! The classics are Ensalada de Frutas, Habla Chancho, La Papa se Quema, Agua Fría! They are great! We ate some Arroz con Leche with raisins! Its like rice pudding, but in soup form! It’s usually that or Masa mora for desserts here! That is just fruit slop stuff! It’s really good!

I really liked reading Mosiah 18 this week! Reading about the Church of Christ in the time of Alma! I really liked the verses 20, 23, 24, and 29! I really feel like we need to help the church stay strong in the basics, like what they explained here! Since it is the same church, we need to look at this example, and focus on Repentance, Sabbath day Observance, and like the focus has been recently, on Ministering!! It’s really cool to see that these things are not new! And I have seen the blessings of following these scriptures in these days. Lots of families are blessed when they look for ways to support the church! And more than anything, Church attendance! When people distance themselves from the church, a lot of the blessings that they had before start to leave!

Oh, the title of this message is called “sky blue” because that is Celeste in English! Ha! I forgot to tell everyone that!

Have a great week!! Hasta luego!!!

Elder Ball

Service Project




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...