Skip to main content

December 4th Letter - No sè

Hey! So the last few weeks have been pretty normal! We have been looking for a lot of new people! Our problem in the mission right now for us is it is getting difficult to find new people to teach.

So we are working and working every day, contacting, looking for references, and teaching a lot! We are helping a lot in our ward as well! 

This week, we had exchanges with our Zone Leaders, we cleaned up a park in another area of trash! And other than that there wasn't too much out of the ordinary! We have really been walking walking walking!

So one thing about Peru, all of the people here can talk about the food of Peru for hours if they wanted! You just have to tell them it is yummy, don't talk about any specific dish! That is when they start to talk!

Our Ward is having some hard times, we have tons of problems with a lot of the members. A lot of them continue to come to church. It is such a great opportunity to see the faith in the members here! Through all of the hard trials, there are 2 options, which is give up, or keep going strong! And lucky for this ward, we have a lot who continue to do good! And that’s where we come in: on the people who maybe do not have that determination to keep going to church!

My companion is very crazy, and very fun! We are working on focusing a little bit more on our goals, and keeping up the work! 

Christmas will be sad here! They shoot off fireworks like crazy on this side of the mountain! I am in San Juan, and the other side is Comas, more or less.... And this side of the mountain, if I am still here, has fireworks like crazy! I don't know how I feel about that exactly! I am going to go with a member and we are going to give little dolls and toys and hot chocolate to the kids around here! I don't know why we have hot chocolate in the middle of summer, oh well!

Have a fantastic week! Thanks!


Elder Ball









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...