Skip to main content

No Se

Hola todos!

So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work! 

Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province! 

I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry...

We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scrap of food, it's the scariest thing! haha! She is so sweet, but with a random shouty stressed out face after! And she is so specific! Everything HAS to be in order! She doesn't let me put salt on my food, because she says I use too much, and won't let my companion drink anything with Ice because he was a little sick, and the ice will kill him! (Or at least that’s how she explained it!)

We have a lot  of investigators, and always have references for more and more people! Again, it is hard to talk about the people we are teaching, because we don't know if they are going to progress or not... but we did find a family with a son they never baptized! They have been active up until this last year, and it was because they couldn't find the church, but have been coming now with Caesar! He is 9 years old but is so tiny it is so funny! He is great! And he understands everything! So we are all good to go with his baptism this 27th!

We are also teaching a niece of a member here! Her family is not members, but she loves to listen to us! Her name is Yaquibel, but everyone calls her yaqui! Which is just Jakie! haha! She has a ton of questions, and is progressing really really fast! We are planning her baptism for this 3rd of February! 

We were a little sick a few weeks ago, but now all of that has passed! We are totally ready to move forward and find new people! 

My Companion is from Chimbote Peru, which is a fishing town! But he is from the city part... It is really funny because every person that hears Chimbote says "Oh! I went by Chimbote, it smells like fish really really bad, right?" Everyone knows that it just smells like fish! He says the Civiche there is the best in the world! And it makes sense! So I better drop by his house one day!

The mission is fantastic! And I will never stop saying that! it is such an amazing experience, that you can never take back! To see the change in people, even if they don't get baptized, its wonderful! And to see how happy the members are to have the missionaries in their house is amazing! 

Thank you for reading! 

Hasta Luego!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru