Skip to main content

CasaBlanca


Hey everyone!!!

These two weeks in Casablanca are super great! We have a ton of investigators, members to help, and our ward is pretty nice! The only problem is, it is placed on 4 large hills! well... 6 I believe, but I have the 4!  There is a long road that leads up to nowhere, and the right side is mine, and we split the other side for the other two elders, Jardine and Cruz! I am here with Elder Delgado! From Manta Ecuador! I saw him in my first area for 2 transfers, and already know him a little bit! 

I am not District leader anymore, I kind of didn't want to this last transfer, it got super super hard! My district had a lot of problems! And I didn't know how to handle it! But I did learn a TON! And I was able to see Elder Godoy from the 70 in a training, so at least I was a leader to listen to him! He came and basically said, wow! You guys are the best mission in the world! And then we asked questions for 2 hours.... It wasn't really a training more of a motivational speech with questions! But all was awesome!

We are working with a lot of families here, but NO ONE is married this high! So we have 10 investigators in the church on Sunday, but 2 count because they others aren't married, or don't have permission from their parents! So we have a lot of potentials, but its super hard to get married for them! 

We eat lunch every day together with the other 2 elders, and its pretty awesome! We are all good friends, and we always see each other passing on that big road that goes all the way up the area! We have to take a little bus ride to the church again, another 10 minutes to get to the church! But all is good! 

Its getting a little cold here! We are in the 60's! But there is a weird rain thing! There is always water in the air, and the mist gets thick every morning! We can't see the houses in front of our house! I also have to wash my own clothes here, which I wouldn't complain, but nothing dries!!! We have to hang dry! I just end up Ironing my shirts when they get out of the washer to dry them! 

I am happy with my companion, area, investigators, and mission! Everything is the best here! And It really is such an amazing experience for anyone who goes! There is always something new to learn! Sometimes from mistakes, sometimes from success! You just have to smile through it, and in this area, just look for new people! haha!

Have a fantastic week! Hasta Luego!!!




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr