Skip to main content

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone!

I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!!

Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can!

Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic! 

We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day!

Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to talk with him! He and his family are great too! But they live just below Rosendo, in the high part of the area Panarama!

The futbol game this week was hilarious! We were teaching one family who doesn't like futbol... Which is really rare here... And we hear explosions of excitement, fireworks, celebrating! Everything! It turns out that Peru didn't loose!! 0-0 It was so funny because it sounded like they totally won everything and were going to mundial (World), but nope! Now they only have one chance, and it is this Tuesday! It is going to be chaos when they don't win! It is life or death here! We won't be able to teach like anyone! Only the few families who don't like futbol! Haha!

I went on Divisions with Elder Huish this week! There are different ways to have a different companion... There are divisions which is missionaries switch companions, splits, which is going with members of the ward, and transfers which is changing companions permanently until the other transfer. Transfers are every 6 weeks! Divisions are for District and Zone leaders to help out the areas and the missionaries. Splits are so you can go to all of your dates, and have member help!

Anyway!

I went with Elder Huish from Washington State to his area, which has the stake center! We went and taught a couple people on Friday, including Hermana Karolight who got baptized on Saturday! Crazy! But we taught and taught, spoke in English all day, learned more, ate food! It was a great day! We got up in the morning and swept, mopped, and polished a hardwood floor (Which was weird to see...) And then cleaned out the Baptismal Font! It was really fun, until the water didn't drain! We cleaned and cleaned, because the bathrooms were a mess, and it turns out there are two drain plugs you need to turn. So we finished everything up, and I went back to my area, taught and ended up going to the baptism! Awesome!

Everything is good here! Its hard to take photos! There is always so much to do! And so much to learn! I am having a great time! And that is probably because I still don't realize I am in Peru! It just feels like everyone changed languages and food! Haha! But it actually is completely different here! So funny!

Anyway! Thanks for reading my letter! We are going to go to the park as a Zone today! Fun fun!! I don't know what else to say so,


See ya!


Go Peru!

Breakfast: Juanes and Hamburgers!



And some fried Banana!


Hamburger was meat, egg, and baby french fries with ketchup and mayo!




Santos Villa Nuevo



Mama Luz granddaughter -  Isn't she adorable?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr