Skip to main content

Las Casuarinas

Hey! 

So I am back in San Felipe Stake! I started in San Juan de Lurigancho, In Canto Grande, Then to Wiesse, then San Felipe (Comas), Back to Wiesse, and now back to San Felipe! Ping pong from one end of the mission to the other! Haha!

Well, I am with another Peruvian, Elder Castillo from Talara, almost Ecuador! He was born in the church, and is super weird! Haha! Sometimes just nobody understands him, and stares for a minute.... But we are doing fine together! He has to show me around the new area, and we have a HUGE area again.... not quite as big as Montenegro with all of the pigs, but we still have to take a bus one investigator to the next!

My area is Las Casuarinas, which means nothing...Haha! Usually they mean something, but no one knows about this name! It is the third zone of Collique until the ninth! That means a lot! Haha! We don't have very many progressing investigators, and this week, like always we are going to look for a whole bunch of new people! Time to contact! 

The past few weeks has been trying to find all of the investigators, and getting to know the members! So far everything is great, but the majority of the appointments fall through! I am already used to that! Haha! 

We had a special visit this last Saturday, well two! President Nelson came to speak to all of the missionaries of Northwest South America! (East was the only one left out, sorry east!) We were in a chapel with over 450 missionaries, so we didn't shake any hands! Elder Stevenson came as well, with Elder Falavella, with all of his councilors. There were over 5,000 missionaries listening! He spoke mainly of 3 Nephi, and the importance of the words of Jesus to the Nephites. And comparing the New Testament with the Book of Mormon. Talked a lot of the gathering of israel, and that this land is chosen above other lands. So we need to help these decedents of Joseph to receive the promised blessings! It was awesome!!!

Then our Prophet talked with all of Peru! And spoke in Spanish! Which was also cool! And so we had a day off Saturday! Only 3 teaching hours, the whole day was transportation and conference!!!

Well, we might have a baptism of a young man this Saturday, whose name is Eloin. Haha! We will see!

But that was the most important that happened! October went by super fast! 

Thank you! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good...