Skip to main content

Bello Horizonte


Hey everyone! I moved to the other side of the Cerro! 

So one side of the mission is San Juan de Lurigancho, more poor, more dust, more dogs, but more baptisms in the zones! I am now in the side called Comas! A little more rich, and flat, but there are still hills!

It was super sad to leave my other zone! We were breaking records of the mission, and baptized our 38 in one month! We were working on getting to 50!! And now the goal of this zone is 25, and we might not reach that... So its a huge change! But we are working really hard as a district!

My new companion is from Nicaragua! His name is Elder Rivas! So far I am checking off the countries as companions! Ecuador, Columbia, Peru, Nicaragua! But he likes to play the piano, including Waterfall!! I love that song! He is a little bit of a nerd, but that is just perfect! We have a lot of potential investigators in the area, and can find new people really quick! We just work well together, and he only has a Year! 

Our ward has a decent flat part, with 2 Cerros(Hills)! But we walk a LOT! I don't have to take a bus from one side to the other! awesomeness!

We had a baptism yesterday of a crazy teen. He is one of those kids who doesn't want to do anything, but with us he was super happy to listen and progress! and we have a baptism for this Saturday! And 2 more people with baptismal dates! So we are doing just great in our area!

I will try and take pictures, I just hear too much about people getting robbed here, because it is a little bit more rich, but I will be all good! 

I am as happy as can be! The mission is the best thing you could do at this time in your life! And I am so grateful for this experience!

Thank you!

Elder Ball













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...