Skip to main content

San Antonio (Huarochiri)


This week was just fantastic! 

We just finished with a baptism! Little Caesar Jackson Valle Rivas! So cute and small! But their family is so wonderful!! They invited us to eat one of my favorite plates, Tacacho con cicina! He was so small for the baptism that we had to buy safety pins last second! Poor tiny kid! 

Honestly all we do is walk around, and wait for buses! We have lots of new investigators! And Yaqui passed her interview and is all ready for Baptism this Saturday! Then we might have an opportunity to go to the temple with her or Caesar! I still haven't been all this time!

We are eating very well, I am just loosing a lot of weight! These crazy hills! The thing that kills me at the end of the day is our house is up a little hill, and it feels like Everest every night! 

We are having... how do you say that in English.... Cambios? Companion Changes! That’s right! Tomorrow! But I am pretty sure I am staying here with my companion! So don't worry too much! 

We have to pay for our water... That has been horrible! The water comes in trucks and they honk all morning and are big tanks! It costs 18 Soles to fill up a fairly large tank! But since we were taking 10 minute showers it lasted like 4 days! ha...haha... It should last a week to a week and a half! But now we are better with that! To drink it is torture! We have a filter only to save us not to help the flavor of passing through so much plastic and then sitting on a tank on top of the house! They also say it is more sparse in February! Scary! 

Anyway! Perú is just fantastic! Thank you all for reading!
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


-- 
Elder Ball
Peru Lima North Mission







Elder Ball with his District







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...