Skip to main content

Las Casuarinas

Hey! 

So I am back in San Felipe Stake! I started in San Juan de Lurigancho, In Canto Grande, Then to Wiesse, then San Felipe (Comas), Back to Wiesse, and now back to San Felipe! Ping pong from one end of the mission to the other! Haha!

Well, I am with another Peruvian, Elder Castillo from Talara, almost Ecuador! He was born in the church, and is super weird! Haha! Sometimes just nobody understands him, and stares for a minute.... But we are doing fine together! He has to show me around the new area, and we have a HUGE area again.... not quite as big as Montenegro with all of the pigs, but we still have to take a bus one investigator to the next!

My area is Las Casuarinas, which means nothing...Haha! Usually they mean something, but no one knows about this name! It is the third zone of Collique until the ninth! That means a lot! Haha! We don't have very many progressing investigators, and this week, like always we are going to look for a whole bunch of new people! Time to contact! 

The past few weeks has been trying to find all of the investigators, and getting to know the members! So far everything is great, but the majority of the appointments fall through! I am already used to that! Haha! 

We had a special visit this last Saturday, well two! President Nelson came to speak to all of the missionaries of Northwest South America! (East was the only one left out, sorry east!) We were in a chapel with over 450 missionaries, so we didn't shake any hands! Elder Stevenson came as well, with Elder Falavella, with all of his councilors. There were over 5,000 missionaries listening! He spoke mainly of 3 Nephi, and the importance of the words of Jesus to the Nephites. And comparing the New Testament with the Book of Mormon. Talked a lot of the gathering of israel, and that this land is chosen above other lands. So we need to help these decedents of Joseph to receive the promised blessings! It was awesome!!!

Then our Prophet talked with all of Peru! And spoke in Spanish! Which was also cool! And so we had a day off Saturday! Only 3 teaching hours, the whole day was transportation and conference!!!

Well, we might have a baptism of a young man this Saturday, whose name is Eloin. Haha! We will see!

But that was the most important that happened! October went by super fast! 

Thank you! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr