Skip to main content

Learning to marry people in Peru


These weeks have been fantastic! I have had such a great time here in Casablanca! We have found a TON of families, but all of them need to get married in order to get baptized. So - we have been organizing paperwork, focusing a lot on their testimonies, and visiting the same people over and over and over again!

Alberto and Patricia are going to be the first to get baptized! We have been working with them ever since I got here, and it looks like I am going to leave the week they get baptized! Woohoo! How sad! Haha! They always invite us to eat at their house, and of course Picarones on the street, because that’s Patricias Job, selling scone circles! We have helped with their rabbit cage, cleaned dishes, cleaned floors, and we are always helping and receiving more and more food! Alberto doesn't have a phone right now and is a taxi driver, so it makes it super difficult to get in contact with him and his papers to get married! But we are finally there!

We will most likely have a baptism this week, Estér Villegas! She just turned 9 and was never baptized even though her family is activating itself again! So woohoo!

And Gabby! She finally came back to church! She has had a TON of problems getting to church on Sunday, for family problems! We had planned to baptize her at the beginning of the other month, but she hasn't been able to attend! So with this Sunday, she will be all good to go! And we are planning on the 29th! She is super sweet, and with her son Gael, she is always super happy! She is super chill, and loves the church! She is always reading her book of mormon, even though her kid almost never lets her!

We have been teaching a few others regularly, like Abi, Damaris, and Yarumi. The two moms need to get married, and so we have to talk about marriage every time we go! But they want to! We just have to talk to their partners! The hard part! Haha!

Last P-day we played Mundialito, or mini world cup! We organized teams, and played in a grass court! It was awesome! My team won! woohoo! Then we ate some bistec a lo pobre! (Steak, rice, plantain, and egg)

Well, I have been on work visits with Elder Lainhart, we had stake conference, and they are going to open up the other side of Casablanca, so we aren't alone again!

I have been contacting a lot more, we have even knocked on some doors! We are just trying to find a lot more people as always, we are only finding 11 people every week, and we need to be finding at least 15! So we have to improve on that! Ask more references and contact more!

It’s been really fun to contact, I didn't enjoy it basically my whole mission! But Its a lot better now, especially contacting every Family that passes by! No exceptions! And that is why we are super happy here! Because we are focusing on families, I just won't be here for a lot of it!

But even though I am getting a little trunky having only 9 months left, I have still been chugging away, and with my comp, I am learning how to teach Much better! He is a fantastic Teacher!!!

Thanks for everything! Talk to you all later!

Chao!
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr