Skip to main content

November

4 weeks go by fast in the mission, but 4 months! I can't believe it!

We have been working hard, and doing all we can!

Honestly nothing happened this week! We have just been chugging away!

For P-day this morning, we played some futbol with our zone, and we did that last week too! It is almost as if I am in South America or something! But, it’s fun!

We have transfers coming up this night, and you will get to hear about it next week! I hope I stay in my same area! I love teaching these people, and It is going to be hard to leave!

Our two baptisms that didn’t happen: we haven’t had a good talk with them. Elder Mendez claims they are ready, but we are going to work with them! We just need time and to talk with their parents a little bit more! I want them to really be ready.

We have been doing a lot of divisions with members, and it has been super awesome! We leave with jovenes  (young boys) and adults!


This is going to be a sad email, but this keyboard doesn't work and the internet is mega slow! But thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a fantastic week!


Notes from Mom:  
The computer issues this week were brutal. We usually have a good email conversation back and forth, but the internet just wouldn't cooperate. That and his keyboard wouldn't type some of the letters a lot of the time.  

I heard from the sweet lady he stays with, and he has a new companion! He is staying in the same place, which we are super happy about. He just didn't feel like he was finished with what he was there to do, so this is good news.  Plus, we LOVE Mama Luz and the updates she sends me... so I at least have that through Christmas. HA!


Dinner




Birthday for one of the Elders, and a member dressed up as a clown



The Sisters





A dog that didn't want to attack






Saying Goodbye to Elder Mendez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

0-0 Peru/Argentina

Hey howdy hey everyone! I have been in the mission for 3 Months!!! Not too much happened this week! But I will send what I can! Our investigator, Gabriella Diego (Ana) had her Interview to be baptized! She is so fantastic! It is amazing to see a testimony grow and grow! She started out a little bored in our lessons.  We have seen her desire to be baptized grow, and we are so so ready! She is so fantastic!  We are working with another family, the Cruz family with Shandu, his brother Shande, and his sister Sasha. Fantastic names! And we are teaching them all at different times! Each one is doing something different, every day, and so we always teach different every time! Shandu is super ready, and Shande is a little less so (he likes his friends a lot so doesn't want to go to church) and Sasha we have only taught once, but is so fantastic at reading and praying every day! Edu is a fantastic little 11 year old who has the greatest little heart! Its so fun to...