Skip to main content

The Peruvian Census

This week was fantastic! 

We have been working really hard with all of our Fechas! (People with a baptism Date) We have Shandu and Shande, who are really ready! We have been teaching them as much as we can and today they are going to have their interviews! Shandu is only 12, but has the most amazing little spirit! And Shande is 14, and would rather play futbol, but has now learned the importance of the gospel! The two brothers are excited! We are having a problem teaching their sister, Sasha. She is just having a hard, teenage life! Haha! But is 16, and we are trying for the 11th of November to have her baptized! And you can't forget about Edu! I haven't NOT received a hug every time I see him! He is so awesome, and his parents, Rosa and Raúl, were able to go to church yesterday! 

The reason that Rosa and Raúl went is because we had church at 6 PM. That is because we had El Censo de Peru! For the Census, everyone had to stay in their house from 8 AM to 5 PM. They have teams of volunteers who receive only 50 soles to do this (just over $15 US Dollars), who go to every house and ask about the living situation, water, family, and who lives there. The problem is in Peru, there are at least 2 families living in each house! One has 6 I think! And they need to restart with every family about their situation, water and everything... BUT! They only have space for 5 family members on each packet, so if you have 6 in your family it’s ANOTHER packet!!! It’s a horrible, horrible system, and It took forever! They went to 29 houses in our Manzana, and we are house 27. They got to our house at 5:30 because it takes forever! It was pretty funny, because they made me and Elder Mendez do the Census because we eat and sleep in this house. I still don't know if I should have taken it or not, but Hey! I'm a Peruvian now!

The entire Censo, I just studied and studied.. I almost finished the book of Acts, 5 pages of Preach my gospel, a ton of Leviticus, lots of Alma, and some general conference talks! We literally did nothing! It was horrible! I thought it would be fantastic! We were so ready to get out of the house!

We also had the opportunity to have a conference with Elder Zivic from the 70! He is from Argentina, and is awesome! I also had a personal interview with him! It was only sharing my testimony and talking in Spanish,really, but he says I am doing good! And a member of the 70 can't lie right? So that means I officially know Spanish! Mendez says I am going to train this next transfer, and I don't know how I feel about that yet!! Haha!

We did nothing for P-Day last week. We went with some other missionaries to buy futbol shoes, hats, and shirts. I didn't buy anything! Then we went to McDonalds to eat! The ketchup almost tastes normal there! And that was it! Haha we talked and shopped! We did some magic, and returned, and did nothing! 

We had a lot of Nuevos this week! 15! We haven’t had that in a while, but it was fantastic! We found some really good people. We are super excited to see what happens! I would talk about some, but the odds are they will not progress… haha! 

Thank you for reading! That about sums up my week! Its always walking, teaching, and doing random service projects that usually have something to do with dirt/Dust/Sand! Haha! 

Talk to you next week!


Elder Ball


Shandu and Edu


Drinking: Tomando jugo de papaya con leche





Waiting for people to join church the day of the Census


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr