Skip to main content

Que Pasa?

Hola Amigos! Como van todo?

So this week was just dandy! I have been working hard, and learning a lot!

For P-Day last week, we went to a park down in Metro! It was fun, we cooked hamburgers, played some Futbol, some frisbee, talked, and just had a good time! We have new people from this last transfer, and the new gringos! Its funny how Amazing they think I am, and then they realize I only have 6 weeks on them! haha! They are also from the Mexico MTC! They are fun, but I still like my group!

Anyway! We had a baptism this week! Gabriela Diego! She is so wonderful, and it was a special day! Then yesterday, she was only 20 min. late to go to her confirmation! haha! That was kind of funny! But it all worked out! We were able to see her transformation, and her desire to rely on Christ.

I went on a Work Transfer, or exchanges with Elder Seymour. He is one of the new Americans from Indiana! This meant we had to teach with my little experience, and his less experience! It was pretty funny! But he is fantastic, and is learning fast! It definitely was an experience to teach all of lesson 1 by myself! But I did it! Now I just need to teach it in a way people understand!! Haha! It was alright for not having very much experience, and not a Latino companion to help out.

We did a lot of sweeping the last two weeks!  I realize this because I have a blister from just sweeping! The best part is I shake a lot of hands…so now I have not only broken my blister, but it has split! That’s what you get for doing too much service in the mission! Speaking of sweeping, it really stresses me out! We always need to sweep, because there is so much dust that we sweep off of the roofs here. The people don't want the dust kicked up, because it will just settle again. So they spray the roof with water, and you try and sweep up the dust with a little water. The problem is, the water makes the dust stick to the ground! So you are sweeping either mud, and it doesn't work, or you sweep the dust, it goes into the air, and settles so it doesn't work. And this is why I have a blister! haha!

I ate some duck this week, arroz con Pollo twice, Aji de Gallina, and lots of bread with stuff in it! I just want to have Pacha Manca! I have had a lot of Quaker lately, and its fine, its just... oatmeal you drink... But It could be worse!

We have been working on our Faith this week. Since Elder Mendez is our District leader, we are trying to have higher numbers of new investigators, people attending church, and baptisms and their dates! So to have all of this work, we are working on having more faith in ourselves to complete our goals. To do better with our faith, we are doing some really easy things. First, we are looking at the things we are doing good….the things we are good at….specifically in the attributes of Christ. We then looked at all of the things we need to work on. With this in mind, we have more of a path. We learn that in order to have more faith, we need to rely on the Lord - that is following his example, like what we are doing, and using His gospel. To use His gospel, we need to Repent. So, we have been doing just that! Focusing on the things we need to work on, and being more diligent and obedient. 

If anyone is having problems with their faith, I would suggest the same! If you can work on the attributes of Christ, pray and read the scriptures every week, and remember to repent, you will be blessed! We have been gaining more success in the work here, because we are trying just that! 

I am doing just great here! Its just stinky and dusty! haha! But the mission is an amazing experience! I highly suggest it!


Hasta Luego!

Elder Ball













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr