Skip to main content

Conference Weekend

Hey everyone! 

So not too much happened since last P-Day…

We went hiking and overlooked the other half of our mission! There is a huge mountain range, and there are 10ish Zones in our mission, and half are on one side, and we are on the other, with two at the base of the mountain. It was fun to talk and hike! I did miss listening to music while hiking a little bit! 

We have been working nice and hard! We have Hermana Ana, who is getting very close to being ready for Baptism! We are building her testimony, and she is so so wonderful! Shandu is also really ready to be baptized! We have permission from his parents, and we still have more to teach! Edu and his family are so wonderful, and Edu is ready, and his parents need just a little bit more time! But all of these people are our baptisms for the 14 of October if everything works out perfect!

Conference was so wonderful! I got to watch nearly all of it in English! The people there did not want us to do that, since our mission calling is for Spanish… The gringos revolted with scriptural proof, and we ended up getting our little room to listen and to sing in English! 

I really loved listening to conference in the mission field! It’s just like the scriptures. While reading the scriptures, you find things new every time, depending on what you need. When listening to conference, all I heard was stuff about missionary work, and stuff to help my investigators. God really does speak to his apostles to give us the guidance we need in our day, and gives it to everyone if you are willing to listen! I would encourage everyone to read up, and work on the Doctrine of Christ. With this, we receive all of the promised blessings given! But most importantly, study the Doctrine in the Book of Mormon. It has all of the answers! And That is essential!

I have been teaching Elder Mendez English since the first week, and it hasn't gone the way we thought... Haha! He is really good at the little phrases he wants to know, but past that, not much! He is always telling me "Just do it" "Don't do it" Those are helpful! He knows "I need to fart" and probably uses that more than any English... I hear "I don't want" "Help Me"! Besides that, he knows the first line of The Spirit of God, He knows A Childs Prayer, The First Vision, and Moroni 7:47! He is also now our District leader, and we are working on practices, and always figuring out what we can do better to help our district!

There is always something to learn here, and it’s always fun to figure out what that is!

Thank you everyone! Hasta Luego!


Elder Ball


Hiking on P-Day!

Up a REAL mountain!

Zone CantoGrande at the top

"The most natural green I have seen"


Zone Photo Opportunity

Zone Photo

Elder Ball the Moto-Taxi Driver. (He says he's only hit his head a few times getting in to these...)

Elder Mendez

Little Santos




The Book of Mormon in Quechua!
American Indian people of Peru and parts of Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, and Ecuador. Quechua is their language. I asked Taylor if he was trying to learn Quechua, and this is what he told me:  
"Quechua is so beyond what I can do! I have the Book of Mormon, but it would take over a year to learn just little things. I can't focus on learning that! And it is weirdo as you can see! They don't have the complete Book of Mormon! It skips books, and verses! It doesn't have Helaman 5-12!"











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr