Skip to main content

Tocosh, Never Again

Hello hello!

Well, we learned a lot this week!

We have a goal from our Mission President that we need to have 1 Inspired Act, 2 Visits with Members, 3 Visits with Inactive Members, 4 Acts of service, 10 people to contact, and 100% References of people! It is pretty awesome, and definitely impossible in my area! But it keeps us going, and we always have something to do! 

This week was really slow, and we didn't have a lot of people we taught this week. We have a lot of contacts and they say they are interested, but are always busy at their house! Always cleaning, cooking, eating, or leaving to buy something! So we are going to work harder next week, and hopefully everything is all good!

Some crazy stuff happened! 

First off, the dogs here... If you don´t get a letter next week, you will know why! They want blood! Haha! But I am now a little bit more used to scaring them off! So that won't be as bad of a problem (I hope…)!

Second is Tocosh! We were with the Cordova family and with the Hermanas, Bagley and Mendoza.  We finished eating, and they asked if we wanted to try Tocosh! I need the experience, because it is popular in Peru and Bolivia, and I figured I needed to eat some! Please... do not eat it, no matter what the Peruvians say! It is filled with “Penicilina”, and I don't know why, but they think it cures Cancer, Diabetes, tummy trouble, colds, helps with growth (both to help you grow, and to stop other growths), It probably will be the next president of Peru, will learn to ride a Bicycle, and Eventually World domination! haha! But they really think it is a solution for everything! In reality, it just is rotten Potato, that smells like horse Manure, and is a little slimy! I had the opportunity to have a large chunk of Potato, and it was a little tough! So Please people, do not eat this product, it receives a 1/10 just for the fact that I can say I ate some tocosh!

Third is we were able to hear from Elder Oaks! He is pretty funny! We had a conference with all of the missionaries from Central, West, and North Lima! The Mission Presidents spoke, and the Presiding bishop was also there!  Elder Oaks and his wife were fantastic! It was awesome! Everyone talked a lot about Repentance, and the importance of Christ in Missionary work. What I learned is that we need to be good examples to our investigators, and Repentance is one of those things we need to Improve on. We all make mistakes in our own lives, and we need to always improve. With personal repentance, we can be better people, learn obedience and teach with more power! Also, we are preparing people for Salvation, and that is an individual matter, but we also need to focus on Exaltation, which is a family matter. These goals are important to have in mind. With good goals, obedience, and diligence we can do so much!

About some of our Investigators...

So we are teaching Anna! She is really interested in baptism right now, but doesn't want to fully commit yet. We have only had 3 lessons, so it will be all good! She hasn't come to church, but this week I feel like she is going to go. She was just at our house one day with Mama Luz, and we had nothing to do! So we decided to teach her, and Mama luz, since she isn't a member, just listens, and we taught lesson 1! Mama Luz helped us, and it was so funny, because she believes everything we say, except baptism! It's so funny!

We are teaching Luis Fernando, who is a Joven who has 15 years. Weirdo... I just translated that from Spanish, since I put Joven...( I meant to say Joven, but in Spanish it’s Tiene 15 anos…And that is: he has 15 years! Spanish is killing me! I think in Spanish now! I keep translating everything into English instead of the other way! He is 15 years old, and we are teaching with a family of half active members. It is a house of all boys, and you can definitely tell! From the smell alone! Part of the smell is the Ducks that go in the house to eat... It is so funny to listen to all of the brothers/Cousins all talking at the same time, showing off their English. It is a hoot! Luiz likes to go to church, and he is awesome! We teach with Fermin! The cousin who lives at the guy house.

This week was awesome, and I learned a lot! Of course! And we are going to work harder next week! Of course!

Thanks for reading! Have a good week!


Elder Ball













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr