Skip to main content

Lima Peru, Here I Come!!!

Sorry for the cheesy title, but I can't wait! I leave this next Monday to head on out to Peru! I leave this Monday at 12:30 AM, so technically Tuesday, but we leave the MTC at 8:00 Monday! I already have my filter water bottle! 

This last week has been interesting! It really has all of the sudden turned into week one again! We are going over every part of Preach my Gospel, like we did on week one, and we are learning how to start our first lessons... Like we did on week one! We are learning how to make a plan for a lesson... Like week one... But it's all good stuff! And much more fun now that I can talk in much better Spanish than in week one! That’s probably why we are doing it all over! Haha!

We really lucked out on with all of our teachers and leaders at the CCM! Presidente Lyons again has been such an amazing example! His wife has been super sick, and is going into surgery this week. He really appreciates all of the support he gets! He is so busy… he has to help his wife stand, brings her meals, and from all of this still worries about our Branch, and is the Executive Secretary of the CCM! He is one of the best examples I have here of a good leader! Our teachers here really devote a lot of time to helping us out. We try really hard, and they really appreciate us! Hermana Correa is so helpful and funny, and Hermana Sausedo is fantastic! We have learned so much and I don't know how they had the patience to do it! Listening to the 1st week Missionaries, I just hope I wasn't that bad!

It is crazy how fast you learn the language here. It's a little bit more difficult now that I know more words, I need to focus more on the Verb tenses. It is super fun to practice with our Latino Roommates! We have been teaching them English. We have got them so far to ask what our favorite color is, what we like to do, how we are doing, and of course they now have a large vocabulary of Nacho Libre quotes! We had to! Their accents match perfect! It’s a blast in our room!

Well, not much else is happening, since it is the last week. It's nice to have a lot of Spanish already, I thought I would know a lot less.

I have been reading “Jesus the Christ”, and it is amazing to see everything laid out. For me, has not been as difficult as everyone else has said! Haha! But I get a lot of time to have personal study along with the Spanish study.

I have made new friends, learned more Spanish, and of course learned more about the gospel! Love you all!

¡Gracias!

Elder Ball

Peru Lima North Mission




Elder Ball and Elder Adams from Texas



Beach Volleyball with Sister Thurgood going to serve in Florida and 
Sister Hutchinson going to serve in Chile.
Elder Webb and Elder Ball.  


Elder Ball and Elder Webb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr