Skip to main content

The CCEmbassy

¡Hola!

Well, We are halfway through the CCM! It's going great here! It's just beginning to look the same!

So This weekend is Peruvian Independence day! We can't wait! We are going all out on Chokies (Chips ahoy), Krispy Kream's, Gudu Cubos (Starbursts), Pake Taxos (Chex Mix Mexican style), and we are going to play UNO until 10:35! Rebels! But I mean, we have to party for our independence day since we missed the 4th! We are thinking of bringing the flag with us to all of our classes! It will be fun!

Today is our first P-Day, and it's weird not having to go to class! We went to the temple two times in a row, and didn't have any P-Day the first week. So now we are just taking the whole day to take siestas! We are going to go play some beach volleyball in a little bit! 

We have been joking around this whole time calling it the CCEmbassy. It really doesn't feel too much like mexico in here. We have pretty much everything we had back home, and the food is definitely not authentic. It involves only carbs and slabs of random meats. The fish here is so frozen - I am pretty sure I heard it singing "Let it go"... We have many saying about the food, and one is that "El Pescado es un Pecado" Which also helps us remember the word for fish and sin! (Fish is a sin)

Our district! I can't stop talking about them! It is so fun with these awesome guys! Elder Webb and I work super well together! And he can memorize up to 4 scriptures a day! I am still working on my half a day goal... Haha! But I am getting smaller scriptures, so it will probably be a lot easier. We are crazy, and sometimes off topic, but  I love the spirit we all have! We got new Sister trainers, and they are our sisters in our District. So now we are the Zone leaders, we have District leaders, and the Sister trainers! So half of our district is leadership! So funny! 

Our Branch president is Presidente Lyons, who is also the Executive Secretary, who also speaks perfect English and Spanish. He has amazing stories about him on his mission, and when he moved to the states for a little bit! That's why his English is so good! He is such an amazing example, and super super busy! His wife is having health problems and it is really sad! But he keeps working like crazy here! Him an Presedente Bennett are so fantastic! And work well together!

Our teachers, Hermanas Sausedo and Correa are so marvillosa! Hermana S. Went to Peru South on her mission, and has a blast talking to us about Peru! She was our first investigator, and now our seccond! Hermana C. is another investigator, and its weird to work with two people at the same time. You really have to remember what person knows what!

The weather here is fantastic! Every Tuesday is when the new missionaries arrive, just before Cena.(Dinner.) Every Tuesday, It DUMPS rain on them. Just like it did on me! The worst storms happen on Tuesdays, and every time you feel so bad for all of these new kids running in the rain with their luggage! Every day starts out not cold, but not hot! And then it moves to a little toasty, and then rains a little every night! It is perfect here! I don't know how I am going to survive Peru weather. It's too perfect here!

Spanish is going along muy bien! I can talk with Latinos, ask questions to the teachers, speak to our fake investigators, and read all in Spanish! Now of course I need more help, and of course it is really difficult, but we are all so focused and so ready to go to our mission, that we are so motivated! Our Mission Presidente asked us to "hit the ground running" and we have been working on that as hard as we can!

The Temple! It is so beautiful! I went through with absolutely no English, and it was definitely amazing! I can't believe how much I have been able to understand. Going two times in a row was super fun! It takes a very long time to get there in our big yellow CCM Bus! 

Although the weeks are the same, it is great to be here! I have learned so much Spanish! I can totally speak to a 3rd grader by now! The spirit is here with us, and I just love the amazing people I have met!

Thank you guys so so much! I love you all!
¡Hasta luego!
¡Cao!


Elder Ball
Peru Lima North Mission


Mom notes:  Super mad at Mr. Mac as Taylor told me the hem of his pants totally came undone. He said the rest of them are "loose" and he will need to re-hem them all.  Grrr!  At least he has some mad sewing skills, right? 

He gets 100 Pesos a week that he can use to buy things in the "store". He spends his money, (about $5) on Chokies that he said are amazing. (They are like chips ahoy cookies).  He still has 150 Pesos left because $5 a week is almost too much.  HA!

He leaves for Peru on August 15th! Coming right up!

Love this boy. 

Elder Ball with his District at the Mexico City Temple last week



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr