Skip to main content

First Week in the CCM!

Wow! There is so much going on down here! I just can't even believe how crazy it is to jump right into spanish nearly 24/7! So far we have only sung one hymn in english, prayed once in english, and asked a few questions in english! We have amazing teachers, amazing leaders, and an amazing branch presidency! There are so many different and new things that I was able to learn this week, both spiritually (in spanish of course..) and new spanish words!

The plane ride here was great, and I actually became pretty good friends with an Elder Powell, who we met at the airport, going to Lima North, we walked together bought breakfast, and now he is our District leader!

So week one is over and I am already Zone leader for Zone 11! District 11C (And no not in the hunger games, we do not have any hunger here!) We have an amazing little district 11C, which is super fun to say in spanish by the way! And I just feel like it is such a great opportunity to be able to help out our zone and district as best we can! 

My companion Elder Webb is so funny! We get along really well, and have a blast! While learning with our district, we all have taken about two-ish years of spanish, and we have been so amazed at how we were able to learn in the first few week! And even crazier, is that we have been working so hard and learned so much the first few days! In our district, we have Elder Christopherson, who is super funny, big, and kind from norther California. His companion Elder Banks is 6 ft 7 from Utah! Who is awesome! Elder Webb, my companion who is so fantastic from Gilbert Arizona! Where Rebekah is! Us four share a room together, and get along great! We have two Hermanas, Thurgood and Hutchetson which the Latinos here love to try and say! And the other awesome Elderes: Day, Adams, Nichols, Powell, Olsen, and Morris. Hermana Thurgood is going to Florida, Hutchetson Chile, and all of the elders except Olsen and Morris are going to Lima North! The two elders are going to South! We are all pumped and I really feel like we have an awesome district!

The food here isn't as bad as I thought! The fish here you kinda need to avoid... But whenever they make Enchiladas! SOO Good! The drinks here all stink, but they have their own water system, so I have been drinking plenty! It rains every night, and is the perfect temperature right now! Playing Volleyball is so nice! I am just glad there is a sport I can play other than Ping Pong here! I don't think I want to try futball with the Latinos here.... haha!

The meetings are a little hard to stay through... yea... Thats a good way to put it! They are sometimes a little obvious, and some of the clothes we bought before we came here hopefully are acceptable! Especially since we had an hour meeting on what you are allowed to wear! But it's not like we could pick something different now! Haha! It's a little late for that! But the devotionals here are so marvelous! Our President here is just the most fantastic guy ever! President Bennett! He served his first mission in Mexico! He seriously brings everyone's attention, gives us stuff we never thought of, pumps us up, and tells us how much he loves us, and we can all feel it!

Day 3 we were introduced to Claudia, an "Investigator" who we have go give all of our lessons in Spanish, and I feel so bad for some of these people, but they are so fantastic! Every Day, but Sunday and today we had to teach her, and it got so much easier! I just am so happy with the progress we made! She is our evening teacher, and it is actually Hermana Sausedo, and our morning maestra is Hermana Correra! She is just my favorite! She is so pumped up, helpful and so nice and understanding!

We have had a ton of funny jokes and stuff, and it's been a little hard to stay on track, but we have all come to realize the reason why we all came here. 
"Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo, al ayudarlas a que reciban el Evangelio restorado mediante la fe enJesucristo y su Expacion, el arrepentimiento, el baoutismo, la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo y el preserverar hasta el fin!"
I haven't been able to memorize a lot of things in my life, and this one came so quick for me. I know that I have been helped in my studies here, and I can focus on all of the fantastic opportunities I am given, and really work hard. Learning spanish is so important, and I am feeling so good about everything so far!

Thank you guys for all of your prayers, and for being such amazing examples in my life! Anyone reading this! I could have an eternally long list of people I am thankful for helping me get to this point in my life. I couldn't have got here without my friends and family! I love you guys so much, and I am just having a blast!


Gracias! Cao!
-- 
Elder Ball
Peru Lima North Mission

P.S. Sorry for the long first email, It might not be as long next time, I set the bar pretty high didn't I! Haha!


On the Plane! Leaving Salt Lake City on July 4th, 2017

Arrival at the Mexico City Airport

Heading to the bus for a ride to the Mexico MTC! (CCM)

MEXICO!!!

Cinder block walls in their rooms... Only way to hang up the calendar I guess...

Elder Ball and his companion, Elder Webb


Around campus of the Mexico CCM







Elder Webb and Elder Ball's side of the room


Elder Webb


Elder Powell, Elder Nichols, Elder Ball and Elder Webb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some FĂștbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr