Skip to main content

New Years!

Wow! What hasn't happened! 

So we are opening an area in the Zone Wisse called Montenegro 4! They just opened up the ward this last year, and there are a decent chunk of people who go! However, the area is HUGE! So it is split into 4 areas, which means there are 8 missionaries in our ward! Elders Martinez (California, but Mexican family) Mejia (Honduras, new) Ramos(Peru, Chimbote), Campbell (Idaho, Native American family) Anocona(Columbia), McWhorter(Arkansas, super tall!)  and My companion Carrasco! He is also from Chimbote! He has 20 months in the mission, and was companions with Martinez and Ramos before! Haha! He is District leader!

So our area is straight out of Star Wars! We have Nueva Esperanza, (New hope) MediaLuna(Half moon) and weird names like Rinconada and Palomar!  I am also 10 minutes from Bethlehem! (Belén)  There are like 2 members in each one of these areas, but they are super big! Just counting, in our area, you could put like 5 more companionships in our area, and on the other side with Elders Anacona and McWhorter, it is even bigger! We are technically not in Lima, We are in San Antonio de Jicamarca. 

We are looking for more and more people to teach and to start this year off great! The mission stats are awesome! Only Lima Peru North was able to baptize and confirm 1,582 People! We are working really hard to get that number up even higher!

We also have the opportunity to have someone to cook for us! Her name is Hermana Tuyume! She is so fantastic! 


Yea! I have to go because we are in this internet only quick! No one works today and we are with a member so Bye until next week!



Taylor wants his Cousin Peter to know he has FINALLY figured out how to solve a rubix cube.



Elder Carrasco and Elder Ball


I asked him about this photo, and this is my answer:
"The people always have pictures of grandpa! It was a keychain our landlord has! to open beer of course..."


Written on the wall in his new apartment in his new area: Cristo Vive



Apartment! (I was happy about this because at Christmas time Taylor was sleeping on the floor at the other Elders apartment... so these pictures made me really happy!)






Apartment Views


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Time

Elder Ball didn't have very much time to email today.  They changed a form that they need to do their reports on, and it took him a lot longer than expected to get through it. But! I have pictures! He is doing great! He loves his companion, they are working hard, and he is very excited that it is December!  Lot's of service projects this month and he is looking forward to that! He is headed to the hospital today so they can (hopefully) remove some warts that have grown on his hands while there.  He has tried about everything to get them gone... He first showed them to me on MOTHERS DAY so, I think it's time they get taken care of! He is happy!  And that makes ME happy. 

Changes!

Hey everyone! I am still here in the Desert! Still alive! I had changes this last Tuesday, and I am with Elder Rodriguez! He is super cool! He was studying Marine Biology in the Marines before he came here! He likes to contact, and teaches super super good! And he only has 5 Months in the mission! I have a lot to learn from him! We have TONS of Investigators! Right now we are working with a young couple Erika and Paul, who have not gone to church in a little while. Also Michelle and Jocelyn whose mom has a whole bunch of problems! Brian who came out of nowhere! His girlfriend is member, and he wants to get baptized, has read half of Nephi, knows almost all of the lessons and so we are almost completely ready with him! And of course the other 14 new people we find every week, and all of the less actives there are to visit, so we are doing Family Home Evenings with the Members!  Full Chamba! I am contacting Everyone! We are finding so many new people...

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good...