Skip to main content

Casa 24

Well, this week was interesting! 

We had a lot of changing around! First we moved classrooms! It was mega sad! We had a beautiful view of these mountains, a little area outside on the grass, trees, birds, sun, the bathrooms were right there… It was fantastic! And now that the number of people here at the CCM is 650, they had to move a lot of people around! Now we are in the middle of the John Taylor building, which is in the middle of a long hallway with the drinking fountain at the end, the windows are blurred out (we can only see another building anyway), it has more mosquitoes, and is so large for 12 people it echoes! But we are doing alright now, and there are way worse things to worry about! But, having to walk for 5 minutes to get to the bathroom isn't very fun!

The big change this week was our houses. In our house, we had two rooms (a total of 8 people from our district) and 3 rooms of another district. The other three have been kind of annoying, but I can sleep through a lot. We reported it just to a supervisor, and nothing really happened. A couple nights ago, they were throwing a little ball around and even broke a sign! We actually had the Presidente of the MTC and his councilor (who is former military) come to our house and yell at us! We felt fine since we have gone to bed every night on time, been able to study, write in our journals, and have some fun quality time! But they have moved every companionship to a different house/ dormitory. It is super sad to leave our district!  We finally moved, and we are with Latinos! I might not know their names quite yet, but they are definitely Mexican! Wow! They speak crazy fast and have heavy accents!

For Peruvian independence day, we all played some UNO! It was a blast! I have never ever had more fun playing UNO in my life! We only played a couple of rounds, and we went back to our rooms at 10:00! Horrible missionaries I know... That meant we only had a half an hour to get in our beds and say prayers! Haha! But it was fun just to talk and play for a little bit! And we spoke Spanglish so it was okay! ;)

The food has gone downhill! I don't know how because they set mega low expectations! It is just random slabs of meat and a pick your carbs! They mess up noodles here! How do you mess up noodles!?!

Spanish is going great! Latin has helped a ton with the vocabulary, but not so great with grammar. I get to learn all of the verb endings again! Yay! It's really difficult for me to memorize, but I am doing pretty good!

Well, I am having a great experience! Its a little sad to move houses, but again that is no problem. The Devotionals here are either so amazing, inspirational, and fun, or President Stapley. He is an amazing guy! So funny, great content! Just a little bit too many powerpoint slides. To listen to President Bennett is an honor! Same with President Eves! Great stories, and so motivational! Presidente Eves is very strict,(former military) and proud! All of my leaders here are fantastic! It's been great to get to know Presidente Lyons, and he has some wonderful stories about his life!

Book of Mormon class is so wonderful. We each have had an opportunity to take a chapter and just discuss it in Spanglish! It is definitely one of the best times of the day!

Thank you guys so much for all of your support! It is so fun here, and I am able to learn a lot!

¡Hasta Luego!

Elder Ball

Peru Lima North Mission




Views from their "former" classroom



Part of their district



Celebrating Peruvian Independence Day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Llama!!!

Wow! This week was definitely Peruvian! I saw my first llama! It was a stylish llama might I add! It was fun! We saw him during our Zone P day, which was a blast! We went to the stake center and played some Fútbol! Yea... I can´t play soccer... Haha! But I´m going to learn. I have to, since even the kids here are crazy good! After playing soccer, we played some Werewolf, which is Mafia, but of course in Spanish. During games, Latinos tend to be really really energetic! I am having a great time! I am totally adjusted! Just, not the language... But you know, little details! It´s amazing to be able to help teach in the lessons, now that I know how to do more than say just my testimony! I do really well at understanding what people are saying...The only problem is when people talk to me! Then I understand nothing! And even less when people ask me how my Spanish is, because I never know if they are saying:    Do you know Spanish good? Your Spanish is really good!  You

Sky Blue

Hey! We had another Baptism!!! Celeste Lopez! One of the quickest baptisms I have seen! We found her I believe 2 weeks ago and is the best! She is the daughter of a less active member! She had already read up until Alma, and knew all of the Plan of Salvation! So we taught her the commandments, she attended church, and was baptized this Saturday!! And it is a little bit of a miracle, because they are finishing Vacations, and now they have 0 time to talk to us! They are completely busy! So it was basically her time for the lessons, and to get baptized!  Before the baptism at 7, (8:30 Peruvian Time). At 4 we ended up at a service project with the Elders quorum! We destroyed a rock wall behind a house and had to carry the rocks/Dirt in buckets. Then we all took turns with a sledge hammer at a big rock in the middle that the Jackhammer couldn't touch. But we left to try and teach someone, and then right to our baptism! But it was great! Last P day, we just ate at a Mexican Peru

No Se

Hola todos! So, the first thing I have to say today is that Internet in Peru is not the quickest, or the most reliable! And even worse when the church program doesn't work!  Anyway! We are doing just dandy here in Montenegro 4! We are so high up that the climate literally has changed! We get rain every once in a while, not too much, but enough! It is not too hot, but everyone gets a little sweaty here! It really changes with a gate that leads into this other province!  I forgot everything I have said, so If I repeat I am sorry... We have a member who cooks for us! Almost whatever we want, we end up getting! She loves to bake, try new things, and is such a sweet, amazing lady! She is also mega strict, and has a heart attack every time we do something! She is always stressed out! When we wash the dishes after lunch, she watches us, and if we turn the water on too much she shouts, if we don't turn it off while we are scrubbing, she shouts! If we throw away any scr